Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Shirow
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin

Multiple Jobs to Disk and Job Disk to Tape

Post by Shirow »

Hi all

I have a question.

I made multiple backup jobs from (dISK)Datastores(3 PAR)to (dISK) Backup Repositories(HP StoreOnce). I also made a job to Disk to Tape.

If the Disk to Tape Job is running and all of the Disk to Disk jobs are not running, the Disk to tape runs fine. But is a Disk to disk job start and the Disk to Tape is still running the jobs Fails.

I see in the log files that if the Disk to Tape job backup is the same as the Disk to disk job it fails. Before i had chained jobs so if the last Disk to Disk job ended the Tape to Disk Starts.

After we got the HP StoreOnce we run multiple jobs at once for better performance. Is it not possible to run the Disk to Disk and Tape to Disk at once.?

We have Veeam 9.5 installed.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Multiple Jobs to Disk and Job Disk to Tape

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Martin,
Shirow wrote:After we got the HP StoreOnce we run multiple jobs at once for better performance. Is it not possible to run the Disk to Disk and Tape to Disk at once.?
It depends. If you primary backup job starts, then Veeam backup server stops all other jobs that are locking primary backup job files. You can run these jobs in parallel only if different backup files/VMs are processed by backup and backup to tape jobs.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Multiple Jobs to Disk and Job Disk to Tape

Post by veremin »

Even though simultaneous execution of both jobs is not possible, starting from 9.5 you can prevent backup job from running till tape one doesn't end. Thanks.