Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lando_uk
Veteran
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Mark

Fixing a corrupted backup chain, starting again?

Post by lando_uk »

Hi

I have a job that wont transform at the weekend due to an error in the chain, so I wish to start a new full backup for tonight.

Can I simply disable the job, rename the original folder on the repository and then enable the job, and when the backup starts it'll see that no existing files are there and start a full?

What about the existing copy job, will that need to also be deleted/renamed or will the it sort itself out?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Fixing a corrupted backup chain, starting again?

Post by veremin »

Instead of dealing with enabling, disabling options and moving existing files around, why not to initiate active full backup cycle (right-click -> active full backup)? Thanks.
lando_uk
Veteran
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Mark

Post by lando_uk »

I'll give it a go. Currently I have create synthetic on Sat or Sun, I presume I just tick the `active full backup` and chose Sat,Sun there ?

So the old (faulty) synthetic vbk, vib and vbr will not get touched anymore and just time out and get deleted when the retention is reached?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Currently I have create synthetic on Sat or Sun, I presume I just tick the `active full backup` and chose Sat,Sun there ?
Yep, disable synthetic full backup and enable active full one instead.
So the old (faulty) synthetic vbk, vib and vbr will not get touched anymore and just time out and get deleted when the retention is reached?
Correct.