Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gsroute
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Graeme Snee

Feature Request - One off Active full on next scheduled run

Post by gsroute »

I've got a support ticket in and have been asked to run an active full, as this is currently production time I want to run this at the normal scheduled time. I've set the active full backup days to today (as well as the normal active full on Saturday) in order to achieve this but I will need to log on again tomorrow to undo it again so it doesn't then carry out an active full next week.

It would be nice to have an option to have the next run be an active full so it will automatically revert back to normal next run.

Thanks.
Graeme.
andyg
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Andy Goldschmidt

Re: Feature Request - One off Active full on next scheduled

Post by andyg »

+1 yes please
-= VMCE v9 certified =-
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You might want to use VeeamZIP to take one active full backup out of backup job schedule or leverage simple PS script that will execute a full backup cycle without affecting job schedule. Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

VeeamZIP won't work here - support asked them to perform an Active Full for their existing backup chains.

BTW, Graeme - what was the reason for this request? I don't like it much when support asks for Active Full, as in many cases it means that there's some bug in the product that will remain unfixed and will kick in again and again in future... unless they also confirmed a bug with the devs, and gave you some timelines for a fix.
gsroute
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Graeme Snee

Post by gsroute »

Hi Gostev,

The suggestion from support was a possible database corruption, it was weird as only one of the VMs from all in the job that were failing. However the active full did resolve the issue.

Thanks.
Graeme.
gregsmid
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Greg Smid

Re: Feature Request - One off Active full on next scheduled run

Post by gregsmid »

+1 on this feature request, would be handy to be able to force a one-time active full without changing the job config.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Feature Request - One off Active full on next scheduled run

Post by PetrM »

Hi Greg,

In the inventory pane, select Backup node under Jobs, select a backup job and click Active full on the ribbon or right-click the backup job and select Active full.

Alternatively, you may use VeeamZIP to create a backup which does not depend on primary backup job schedule.

Thanks!