Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
pber
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Patrick Bernardin

I like what I see, but better console integration

Post by pber » 1 person likes this post

So far I really like the agent. It works well. Backups and restores are very fast, however it would be nice to have better console integration.
  • Others have mentioned this already but the ability to configure the job from the VB&R console would be desirable. Having to RDP to all my servers in the cloud to manage the backup agent isn't very good.
  • Having to punch SMTP holes in my firewalls for every backup agent in the cloud just to receive email alerts isn't feasible. Can there also be an option for the VB&R console to send success/warning/fail alerts? Only one SMTP hole.
  • If would be nice to have the results of a restore to post back to the VB&R console.
I like how you've integrated what you have in the VB&R console, just would be great to have a little more. :D

Great job.
Thanks
Pat
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: I like what I see, but better console integration

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Pat,

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Having to punch SMTP holes in my firewalls for every backup agent in the cloud just to receive email alerts isn't feasible. Can there also be an option for the VB&R console to send success/warning/fail alerts? Only one SMTP hole.
Should be possible to use VBR's global email notification feature for agents jobs.
If would be nice to have the results of a restore to post back to the VB&R console
Noted, thanks!

Regarding agent management via Veeam B&R console:
Gostev wrote:since such integration would be mostly a B&R feature, not a VAW feature - it cannot arrive in the final VAW 2.0 build in any case. But we are considering it for the future B&R version. Thanks!
pber
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Patrick Bernardin

Post by pber »

Should be possible to use VBR's global email notification feature for agents jobs.
For Agent copy jobs, I have this working. For the agent jobs, I don't see an option to have the job alert.
If would be nice to have the results of a restore to post back to the VB&R console

Noted, thanks!
That would be great. Would be good to have the option of it email notifying of the complete restore so don't have to hang around for long restores.

Once again,
thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Take a look at Configuring Global Email Notification Settings article. It works for agent jobs too.