Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
igor.yelizarov
Lurker
Liked: never

Copy from Cloud repo to on-prem B&R

Post by igor.yelizarov »

Hello,
We've got the following scenario:
Customer has cloud IAAS infrastructure in SP Datacenter (vCloud Director). SP does provide BaaS service as well, so SP Cloud Veeam installation is "primary copy".
There is requirement for customer to have secondary copy of these backups on-premise (in other words, at private customer's DC).
I have found the following limitation for VBR 9.5 Cloud Repos:
"Veeam Backup & Replication does not support backup copy jobs if the cloud repository is used as a source backup repository. The backup copy job must use a backup repository configured locally on tenant's side as a source one."

It seems like we cannot achieve our targets with default functionality (Backup Copy job), am I right? Are there any solutions?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Copy from Cloud repo to on-prem B&R

Post by veremin »

In this case why not to backup locally and archive backup to cloud repository via backup copy job afterwards? Doesn't this answer a requirement of having two copies of backup data?
igor.yelizarov
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Copy from Cloud repo to on-prem B&R

Post by igor.yelizarov »

Thank you for you answer.
The point is "locally" all VMs are located at Service Provider site (as well as SP Veeam infrastructure and primary copy).
As I understand your comment, we can copy to Cloud Repo, but in this case it needs to be located on tenant's site (so the things are a bit upside down).