RESTful knowledge exchange
benyoung
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Ben Young

Creating Credentials with same username API no go

Post by benyoung »

Has anyone else experienced a "feature" where you cannot create a credential with the same username/password combination via the API - yet the b&r console let's you achieve this

The API does oddly return a "created" response as if it was accepted and all is ok - yet it never makes it through

Yes this is an edge case however there is the possibility in our multi tenant environment this could occur
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Creating Credentials with same username API no go

Post by veremin »

I'm wondering what kind of credentials you're talking about. Are you willing to create two tenant accounts with the same name or something?
benyoung
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Ben Young

Post by benyoung »

Credentials for use with the Application Aware settings on jobs - Were working in a multi tenant environment, i am having to use the "description" field to individually identify whos account is who from our own management platform as it requires the local administrator account (often not renamed by the clients) - so there is often lots of "\Administrator" accounts - although the chance is low (and i do not know for sure) but it could exist where the same company looks after multiple customers and sets a common local administrator password. Edge case i know but would be interesting to know why it allows it in ther b&r console but not via the API even though it returns the correct response
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Might be unnecessary check. Let me confirm whether this is the case, once I'm in the office. Thanks.