BR
fraack
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Re: why virtual lab not work correctly can not ping destinat

Post by fraack »

Hi babak,

is your VBR server also located in VLAN686? During the ping test veeam tries to initiate the ping from the VBR server itself. Once the proxy appliance is booted he add a static route to the masqueraded IP range. For this route VBR uses the proxy appliance production IP instead of default gateway. If your VBR server is in a different VLAN then your proxy appliance the ping test will fail.
baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

Post by baber »

fraack wrote:Hi babak,

is your VBR server also located in VLAN686? During the ping test veeam tries to initiate the ping from the VBR server itself. Once the proxy appliance is booted he add a static route to the masqueraded IP range. For this route VBR uses the proxy appliance production IP instead of default gateway. If your VBR server is in a different VLAN then your proxy appliance the ping test will fail.
my veeam backup and replication is in vlan 686 with ip = 172.20.68.221
the vm that i get backup from it is in vlan 682 with ip = 172.20.68.67

and ip range in vlan 666 is : 172.20.93.71

now what do i have to do ?
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

can anyone help me for solve the problem ?
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

more than 40 person has been see this topic but why anyone help me ?
blithespirit
Veeam Software
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Paul Szelsi

Post by blithespirit »

Hello, in your text you mention vLan 686 but you have entered 666 in the config or am I missing something? Where is vLan 666 coming from.

In the production environment can you ping your vm from the VBR server, does it route ok, second your internal network masquerade address, can you ping that from your VBR server.

Lastly your internal network inside the vLab should be identical to you external network but your masquerade network different. I see your subnet mask is 255.255.255.224, this gives you 30 addresses from 0-31 but your addresses are 170.20.68.94.

Are all these settings correct, the internal network should have the same vLan as the original vLan so if you have it on 666 it will not be routable anyway, it should be 686.

Just start points to look at.
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

my veeam backup and replication server IP is in vlan 686 with ip 172.20.68.221 with gateway = 172.20.68.193 and netmask = 255.255.255.224
the vm that i get backup from that and want add it in virtual lab is in vlan 682 with ip 172.20.68.67 with gateway = 172.20.68.65 and netmask = 255.255.255.224
now i realy don't know what ip adress and vlan do i have to insert in below box :

https://q06i.imgup.net/14d5a.jpg

and what product network and vlan id have to insert in below page :

https://f46i.imgup.net/274ae.jpg

and also what masqured and ip and subnet do i have to in below page :

https://m53i.imgup.net/383e3.jpg

?

BR
blithespirit
Veeam Software

Post by blithespirit »

Hello, ok, in pic

14d5a,jpg: this needs to be the production network (outside facing NIC on the Vlab) you are working from so if you production network is say 192.168.0.x then that is the same network this will be on so a suitable IP address for that interface is required.
274ae.jpg: this is the internal isolated network detail, so it needs to be on the Vlan the testing machines would normally be on so it can trunk the traffic, I assume 682. (if the vm is normally on van 682 then same applies here)
383e3.jpg: the main IP address should be the same as you default gateway in the production network so if you have 192.168.0.254 as your production gateway this should be the same, the masquerade address is the pseudo address that the outside traffic will be tagged with, it should be different from any network you run so the routing tables in VBR will only route to this destination.

To test these out a simple way is to create an application group of your test vm then create a SureBackup job. In the SureBackup wizard add the application group and select the tick box in the job that says leave the application group running, this will turn the test backup scenario into a sandbox environment.

then you can enter into the sandbox using VMware or hyper-v and test connectivity and see where (if you do have a problem) it lies.

Again back to your subnetting, 255.255.255.224 only offers 30 host addresses so 170.20.68.0 - 170.20.68.31 and you are setting 94 on this. by rights this is not a valid range for that subnet mask.
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

my problem is now :

i don't know what ip adresses do i have to use and in above post exactly i said which ip adresses now use my vms
what ip adresses do i have to use?

BR
blithespirit
Veeam Software

Post by blithespirit »

Hello again Baber. I do not know what you should use but the ones you are using are not valid (legal) IP addresses in class A, B or C. if they are on your internal network that is fine but it leaves you open to routing issues. theoretically you should be using class C ranges which will mean they will not route on the internet but at the same time give you enough hosts to cover your network of machines.

I am not saying your ranges do not work but Veeam will need to be set as I stated using your addresses for the SureBackup to work.

Where are you located, maybe you would be better approaching your account manager and having your local SE/SA look at how this all works for you properly, sounds like you have a complex network where it may not require it.
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

another i say my problem

1 - i have get a backup from my vm and that's name job is lab1 and this vm is in vlan 682 and use these info :
ip = 172.20.68.67
subnet = 255.255.255.224
GW = 172.20.68.65

in vlan 686 i can use from this ip range

172.20.68.66 -94

2 - my veeam backup and replication server is in vlan 686 with these info :
Ip = 172.20.68.221
subnet = 255.255.255.224
GW = 172.20.68.193

in vlan 686 i can use from this ip range

172.20.68.194-222

2 - now i want test that vm with surebackup
3 - first create an application group from that job (lab1)
4 - now create a new virtual lab job during create virtual lab job
in networking step insert these config are these ip and configs correct ?

https://ibb.co/bKpLfa

5 - in isolated network insert these config are these ip and Vlan configs correct ?

https://ibb.co/c7jLfa

6 - and finally in network setting insert below configs but when run job ping check failed now i don't know where enter wrong IP or Vlan

https://ibb.co/c2GoYv

just heartbeat test will be sucessfull ping test failed

please help i am really confused
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

Please. Help me for solve the problem
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

Trying to understand and troubleshoot the issue via forum posts is extremely ineffective - as you can see, it got you nowhere after 10 days. Please open a support case and let one of our engineers take a look at the live environment over webex (and include the support case ID in this topic for our reference). Thanks!
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

Dear friend
Hi

i have sent all of configs with details in previous post please help me where my informations are wrong?

BR
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi, we are unable to provide technical support via the forum, this is explained when you click New Topic. If you need assistance investigating this issue, please open a support case with our technical support, and have them review all configs with details. Please, don't forget to update this thread with the support case ID, otherwise this thread will be eventually deleted by moderators as per the forum rules, due to the absence of the associated support case ID. Thanks!