Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
conradoblack
Novice
Liked: never

Emailing "Drilldown" report within Tape Backup Report

Post by conradoblack »

When you go to "preview" the "Tape Backups" report in VeeamONE Reporter, there's an option to click into the VM list that was backed up to tape. This shows all the VMs that are on a particular tape. I can also download this VM list and it gets downloaded as "Tape Backups Drilldown.xlsx".

I copied this report into "My Reports" and created a schedule to email it. When I receive the emails, I only get the first page, not the "drilldown" page. Is there a way to also email this "drilldown" report?

Thank you
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Emailing "Drilldown" report within Tape Backup Report

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
Unfortunately it`s not possible to get drill-downs as those are individual sub-reports and there may be a subreport for each object. Could you explain what data you are looking for to be emailed by the scheduled report?
Thanks!
conradoblack
Novice

Post by conradoblack »

Thanks for the reply :)

Basically what I need is a list of the tape's that were written to in the past week, which VM's are on the tapes, and if the tape job that ran it completed successfully.

Ideally, to mimic our legacy reports, it'd have one row in an excel spreadsheet that has the VM name, the media ID that it is on, as well as stats on the tape job that backed said VM up.

I'd love if Veeam One could do something along those lines.

Thank you
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the reply.
Starting from the latest release there is a Backup Infrastructure Custom Data report where you can choose only the desired data and filter out other info. However currently tape info is not available, we are planing to add it in the upcoming product versions.
conradoblack
Novice

Post by conradoblack »

Thanks for the info.

We've decided that we can manually export this drilldown report weekly. Now I'm curious about the specifics of the "Tape Backups" report. Does this report have a time period for what tapes it is looking for? Does it show all tapes that Veeam has written to?

If I erase a tape, will it not be in the report?

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Does this report have a time period for what tapes it is looking for?
The report doesn`t have historical data, only current.
Does it show all tapes that Veeam has written to? If I erase a tape, will it not be in the report?
Erased VMs will not be shown in the report, only VM backups written on tapes.
Thanks!
tekno
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter Vilagi

Post by tekno »

Hello
i needed something very similar for alarms report monthly and i also struggling with alarms overview drilldown, because when i export it (xls in my case), i have just number there.
So basically this drilldown reports are currently not possible to schedule via reporter ?
for example in my case it would be in reporter for alarms overview (not current state):
Virtual machine
VM connectivity
past month

i get overview and all related errors (with details) in past month.. some sort of network availability reports
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hello Peter,
That`s correct, there is no option to include drill-down reports into the scheduled report so far because of the mentioned issues.
We are working on the option though.
Thanks!