Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Unable to select datastore in replication job?

Post by danswartz »

So I just upgraded my 9.5 Veeam server. Ran a couple of backup jobs, and worked fine. Then I tried the one replication job (replicates the Veeam VM itself.) It fails. After much digging around, I discover that the screen in the Replication Job configuration is apparently not showing me any datastores to select. I've tried refreshing various things, and even rebooting the VM. When I am in the "Destination" part of the wizard, it correctly defaults to "Home Cluster", "Resources" and "vm", but the datastore line is blank. If I click the "Choose" button, the "Select datastore" screen comes up. Under "Hosts and Datastores", there is "Home Cluster" with a "+" next to it. I click on "Home Cluster", and see something I don't remember ever seeing before. e.g. 'Default Policy" with a "+" next to it. If I click on "Default Policy", the "+" disappears, and no datastores are presented. I'll be happy to open a case if needed, but I'm hoping this is just something I didn't know to do. Thanks!
danswartz
Veteran

Re: Unable to select datastore in replication job?

Post by danswartz »

I "fixed" it, but I'd dearly love to know what was wrong. What I did: instead of choosing "Home Cluster" on the "Host or cluster" line, I drilled down to the specific host, and then, suddenly, when choosing the datastore, "Default Policy" now shows the 3 datastores available, including the one I want to use. Somehow, this doesn't seem right, though :(
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Dan,

This indeed does not look right. Does the Datastores now show up when choosing Home Cluster?

If not, please open a case, post the case ID here and the follow-up after that. It might be something stupid but it could be something else also. It would be good that our engineers look at it

Thanks
Mike
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

Sorry, I was not clear. By 'fixed', I meant 'worked around'. The issue was still there. I will open a case and update this post.
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

Case 02076175.
PaulNSW
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Post by PaulNSW »

Did you get a solution for this? I'm having the exact same issue
homerjnick
Expert
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Nick Mahlitz

Post by homerjnick »

I have the same issue...in setting up a Replication job and choosing my ESX cluster on my DR vCenter shows no DataStores...when I drill down past the ESX Cluster to the individual hosts at my DR site and click on one I get the DataStores.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

In Dan's case, the issue didn't show up after deleting the existing job, restarting the proxy, and recreating the job. If this doesn't help, please contact technical support for a closer look. Thanks.