Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
battles
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Battles

Changing default email- override all others?

Post by battles »

At some point, someone set an incorrect email as the defualt notification email for backup jobs.

We've adjusted, on a job-by-job basis to enter specific emails for each of our clients jobs.

However, the email is still there as default.

IF I enter in another email as the default, will it override all of our other emails we've set up for each backup job?

I want to nip this - so when we create new backup jobs, it's pointing to a non-problematic email and we can adjust later.

TIA
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Changing default email- override all others?

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Nathan,

The default email in general options always receives notifications about all jobs of the backup server.
Recipients specified in advanced settings of each job are additional and will be not overwritten.

Thanks!
battles
Service Provider

Post by battles »

Thanks DGrinev,

So how might I change the incorrect email in the backup job Storage>Advanced Settings>Notifications ?

That is not the email I want in there and I dont know where to change it. It appears in every new back job we create. I dont see it listed in the Options>Notifications

OR

The next time I set up a back up job, do I need to enter in the email i want there and then "Save as Default"? - and by doing that set up all future jobs with that email and NOT overriding the existing jobs.

Thanks
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Thanks for the clarification.
battles wrote:The next time I set up a back up job, do I need to enter in the email i want there and then "Save as Default"?
That's correct. All existing job settings shouldn't be changed.

Thanks!
battles
Service Provider

Post by battles »

yes that worked thank you! I hesitated not wanting to blow away all of those other settings.