Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
itskiguy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dylan Roehrig

Re Run failed archive to tape job

Post by itskiguy »

Hello

I'm using Veeam B&R 9.5. Over the weekend we ran out of writable tapes, and I ended up having to one of the archive to tape job as a result. We've got the tapes loaded and erased now, but I can't figure out how to re run the job. This was a Monthly which we have a separate retention policy on (GFS media pool), and I'd like to the tape to reflect the backup from Sunday. If I right click the tape backup job, I have the Active Full options, but I'm guessing that's not what I want since the archive to tape jobs that we run are virtual synthetic fulls. On disk we only keep a single week's worth of backups with one full that is a week old and 6 incrementals. How can I re run that failed job or accomplish the same thing as re running it?

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Re Run failed archive to tape job

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
Tape GFS job is waiting for an empty tape for 3 days by default, so if you run out of tapes during the weekend you can still load one on Monday and successfully finish the job.
If you miss the chance, next tape GFS job will check completeness of previous backups and re-run it if needed.
Thanks!
teamlotus81
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Beach

Post by teamlotus81 »

Hi Shestakov

How do you re-run job before the weekend? So that I can get those files to tape before the weekend so that I not playing catch up and the coming weekend starts from fresh.

Thanks
Thomas
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Thomas,
If you have a job scheduled on Saturday and it fails due to absence of tape space, you just need to load new tapes to get the tape job finished.
Thanks!