Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Error: The connection to the remote server was closed

Post by bhagen »

I have several physical servers that need to be backed up, so I updated my current version of VBR to 8.0U2, created a new Veeam backup repository, installed Veeam Endpoint on 2 physical servers, and pushed volume level backups to that backup repository.

Both jobs have been working well for a couple weeks, so I was just about to deploy Veeam Endpoint on the rest of my physical servers, when one of the two stopped backing up. "Error: The connection to the remote server was closed
Job has been stopped with failures."

Absolutely nothing has changed, and this error is so generic that I cannot find what the problem is.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error: The connection to the remote server was closed

Post by Dima P. »

Hi bhagen,

Check that firewall is not blocking the connection from VEB to your backup repository. If that looks good, kindly, open a case and let our support team investigate the application logs. Thanks
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Post by bhagen »

The firewall is not blocking VEB; should I open a case under our VBR support agreement, or via email to the VEB support team?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Feel free to do that via VEB support team.