Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
BUUKInfrastructure
Novice
Liked: never

A bundle of questions about Tl2000s and backup exec migratio

Post by BUUKInfrastructure »

Hello,

Sorry if i should have raised these as 2 questions but here we go:-

We currently have an extended Backup Exec 15 environment consisting of the following:-

Server 1 does Tape backup to 2 x TL2000 with 2x LTO6 SAS drives and a single TL2000 with 2x LTO5 SAS drives, this currently does daily incremental and weekly full backups to tape.
Server 2 has 200TB of directed attached storage which veritas told us we could do disk to disk to tape on but transpires that they thought the tape drives where network attached so it just does incremental deduplication.

My questions are as follows:-

I have created a test VM and installed Veeam and love the fact it can see the 200TB disk AND the 6 LTO drives even though they are installed on SEPARATE hardware (Win so far) but i have read that i need to install a particular exe for the TL2000s, we are running A16 firmware and i have the following options available:-

install_exclusive_dpf.exe
install_exclusive_no_dpf.exe
install_nonexclusive_dpf.exe
install_nonexclusive_no_dpf.exe

So would like some advice on that.

The other question is that we have been invested in Backup exec for the last 6+ years so all of our month end and year end backups are in backup exec, is there a way to import these into Veeam?

Thank you in advance.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: A bundle of questions about Tl2000s and backup exec migr

Post by Dima P. »

Hi and welcome to the communities.

install_nonexclusive_no_dpf.exe - this should work.
all of our month end and year end backups are in backup exec, is there a way to import these into Veeam?
Unfortunately, we do not support backups produces by third part software. In theory, I'd keep the trial version on this software somewhere close to these backup files. Whenever you need a recovery you could use an evaluation version.