Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
regbad1
Novice
Liked: never

Removing backup job from UI?

Post by regbad1 »

Hi all!

Just installed VAW on my desktop with Win7Pro x64.
Wanted to do testing simple [b]file backup[/b] from desktop to NAS.
Here some questions:
1) I've searched user guide with keyword 'delete' and didn't discover [b]how to remove 1 allowed backup job[/b]. Could it be done from user interface? Or it's just by design - user could only reconfigure 1 job or just uninstall VAW with that job?
2) VAW, like Acronis TIH, could not do my simple testing file backup properly. Difference was only TIH even could not start backup job and Veeam could not open backup :) And only Windows 7 default Backup&Restore works like a charm. Good job! :)
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Removing backup job from UI?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

First: Welcome to the forums!

1) I am not sure what you mean here: You created a job (for testing) and now you want to "delete" that job? Once you have configured the job (you can only create 1 per VAW client) the way to make a "new one" is to simply edit the job. So no need to reinstall or uninstall. Simply reconfigure the job with new settings and you are good to go
2) Could you explain what job you created (Settings) and what went wrong? If it is simply a backup of some files on your desktop to a NAS repository, then there should not be an issue in recovering those files.
regbad1
Novice

Post by regbad1 »

Hi, Mike.

1) Very simple user case: I tried software, smth goes wrong, but before uninstalling, I want to 'stop' any activity by removing backup job. Or at least, stop it.
2) Setting very simple: file backup from windows directory to NAS directory (later I tried backup from one local folder to another local, with same error). Backup was done w/o errors. But problem was in restoring: Backup Browser always quit with error smth like that --> "System could not find path" (it is my translation from Russian).
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

That really does not look normal. Can you open a support case for it? Through the UI?

Please post the case ID here and the follow-up with support

Much appreciated
Thanks
Mike
regbad1
Novice

Post by regbad1 »

If I understand correctly, in freeware version of VAW I could not open case.
And also, I already uninstalled it.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Actually. That is not an issue. We do deliver support, even on the free version. It just does not come with an SLA but we always contact you to fix it.
But since you uninstalled it already I'm afraid that won't work anymore as the logs and so will be gone

Sorry