Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
sfbi
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: SFBI

Issue with multiple EFI disk

Post by sfbi »

Hi!

I'm testing Veeam Agent for Windows with this configuration:

Physical system with two disk (dual boot)

- First disk is a Windows 10 System.
- Second disk is a Mac System.

The both disks have a EFI partition.

Veeam is not able to "skip" the second disk and it include the other EFI/disk partition

Is it possible to fix this issue?

sfbi
Influencer

Re: Issue with multiple EFI disk

Post by sfbi »

Another issue/question....
Testing restore into a VM with Boot ISO created with "Recovery Media Wizard", the system is not able to boot from CD/DVD if the Bios is setted to EFI
sfbi
Influencer

Post by sfbi »

Mmm.. is there a support for this Veeam Software or it's a "best effort" application?
sfbi
Influencer

Post by sfbi »

Is Veeam interested to diagnose, or better to resolve, this issue?

Can I open a ticket from the support page? (I'm testing the "free version")

Regards
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi SFBI,

Sorry for our late reply. We must have missed this last week (PM team was delivering training and were kept rather busy :-))

Let's start with the first: Our forums are not support but we try to help here as much as possible, and also answer configuration questions and those kind of things.
Second: Just looked at your problem and I can't say if this is a supported scenario or not. I am a but surprised that you cannot exclude the EFI partitions though.
Third: Yes, free version comes with support and that is the part where it is best effort. You can use the control panel in the UI and create a support case. Note that if it is the first time you will need to register your email (to avoid bots) and after a while you should get an email, click on the link in that email and then about 15 minutes later or so you can create the support call. (This will only be needed once)

If you have done this, please log the support case ID here and the follow-up/ outcome with support after that. This is also handy for the community to know what is going on and whether this is a supported scenario (or maybe even a future supported scenario) or not.

Again, sorry for missing the thread

Cheers
Mike