Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
nthkmf
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Hoc Nguyen

Can I create separate backup jobs?

Post by nthkmf »

Dear all,

I search for backup tool last year and find out Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is great for backup the OS (I quit using Norton Ghost or True Image). Now, in version 2, it's even better.

Now, I am going to use Veeam for backing up my data, email (.pst files) & data. In the server, we have 2 place for this, one for email and one for data. So, I need to know Can I create backup job for this, so I can backup email and put it in the email folder on server, and data, to put it in the data folder on the server.

Thank you very much.
Hoc Nguyen from Vietnam.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Can I create separate backup jobs?

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi Hoc,

First: Welcome to the forums!

For your question: No, that is not directly possible with VAW today. Having multiple jobs is a big request here on the forums so your vote is counted. There are some workarounds that you can use today. Read this blog as an example on how multiple jobs can be achieved. In the example you will see different destinations: https://www.virtualtothecore.com/en/sen ... d-connect/

Cheers
Mike
nthkmf
Lurker
Full Name: Hoc Nguyen

Post by nthkmf »

Thank you very much, Mike! I'll try your advice and wait for the next big change (if it's available) of this great tool :D
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hoc,

I did say your vote is counted but that doesn't mean it will make the next big change ;-). No promises are given :-)
Paco_glt
Novice
Full Name: Paco Gillet

Post by Paco_glt »

You can add my vote too, that would be a great improvement !
filip.radkovic
Novice
Full Name: filip radkovic

Post by filip.radkovic »

You can add my vote too, this is quite crucial for us, otherwise we might stay on backup exec to backup physical stuff. Sure it can be done via bat files and loading xml config, but that's surely not a convenient way to go.