Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
plochner
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Phil L

9.5 - Backup Copy Job - Move All Backup Files to New Reposit

Post by plochner »

I'm trying to setup a secondary destination for my backups. The secondary destination will be used as an archival GFS backup system, on a different repository (and a different physical drive) than the day to day backups.

I created a new Repo to store these GFS backups. When I create the Backup Copy Job, I select the brand new and empty GFS Repo in the drop down under Target, and hit Next and it tells me "Move all backup files to the new backup repository first". I can't continue with the Backup Copy Job setup.

I'm not sure what this means or why I can't continue. I don't want to move my existing backups to this new Repo, I want this new GFS Repo to store a Backup Copy of my jobs using the GFS method.

What am I missing?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: 9.5 - Backup Copy Job - Move All Backup Files to New Rep

Post by veremin »

Is that a brand new backup copy job or an existing one that has already backups stored in different repository?
plochner
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Phil L

Post by plochner »

Strangely, I deleted the Backup Copy Job and recreated it and it worked without error. I really don't know why it happened, the new Backup Copy Job was the exact same as the old one.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Based on the error provided, it looks like the backup cop job had some backups in the different repository and therefore could not be moved to the new repository without moving existing backups first.

Glad to hear that you've fixed it.