Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
edirschedl
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Emanuel Dirschedl

General setting "Maximum boot time" for Application Group

Post by edirschedl »

Hi,

is it possible to have general setting for the "Maximum boot time" in the settings for the Application Group?
The standard setting of 600 seconds isn't enough for me, so I want to set 3600 seconds as allowed boot time. And I don't want to go through to each single vm and set this config manually, because there are to much vms in it.
Also it's not possible to mark all vms, because the "Edit"-button is then disabled.

A powershell script would be enough, too!

Thank you for your help,

Emanuel
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: General setting "Maximum boot time" for Application Grou

Post by foggy »

Hi Emanuel, I don't see a way to do that. How many VMs do you have in the application group and what is the scenario that requires such configuration?
SBarrett847
Service Provider
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Stephen Barrett

Post by SBarrett847 »

Would like to see this also.
edirschedl
Enthusiast

Post by edirschedl »

We've to back up more than 1000 vms. Now I want to evaluate, if it's possible to do SureBackup for all this vms within every half year. Heartbeat / Ping - Test is for this scenario enough. For some high critical application vms (Exchange, MSSQL, SAP...) I want to do more (scripting etc.) maybe.
The most of this 1000 vms I've on Data Domain / StoreOnce - Systems, so the booting time isn't so good. For SureBackup it's enough, if I increase the "Maximum allowed boot time" - setting. But for this amount of systems, I need a general setting or scripting possbility. Otherwise it would be very, very inefficient and uncomfortable.
edirschedl
Enthusiast

Post by edirschedl »

Hey,

if it's not available today: Is it possible to integrate this topic as feature request? I think for big enterprise customers with a lot of vms, that's a very important feature, to do it a little more comfortable.