Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
battles
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Battles

Troubling issue in agent logs

Post by battles »

We are using an Existing Veeam BR server for our agents for deditcated servers.

I've set up Windows Local users - different usernames/ pws for each agent I've connceted to the BR server.

When looking through the logs on the agent dedicated server I am seeing in the Backup folder C:ProgramData\Veeam\Backup - logs about other VMs running on our Veeam BR server!

This includes IPs, usernames, etc!

What!? It's pulling logs that are from a month prior to me even installing the Agent!

This needs to be addressed ASAP
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Troubling issue in agent logs

Post by Dima P. »

Hi battles,

Can you provide me with an actual path to the log file you are referring to and it's name? Have you opened a support case? Thanks.

P.S. You can PM me all the info, if it's looks sensitive.
battles
Service Provider

Post by battles »

case 02219605

It started due to getting SQL Truncating warnings on a couple agents, then when I uploaded the logs to you all, I noticed a dozen or more folders pertaining to VMs that we have getting backed up to this same server. VMs running on different hosts.

Those VM folders are located in the path above.

This server is a dedicated windows server - No VMs - connected to the Veeam BR host with credentials I created, then entered in the Agent setup. Several other hosts are connected to this Veeam BR server. We are multi-tenant shop. All VMs/ dedicated servers have different credentials obv.

This is really weird and troubling seeing all the information in these logs
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi battles,

Checked the case details - it looks like the mentioned log refers Veeam B&R guest interaction proxy. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.
battles
Service Provider

Post by battles »

Still confused on how a dedicated host made its way as a proxy... but yes. I've deleted the logs and so far they havent returned.