Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hyvokar
Veteran
Liked: 30 times

Manually change processing order

Post by hyvokar »

Hi!

I've seleceted my datacenter as a backup source (i want to back everything with a single job).

How can I change the processing order, so that the biggest VMs would be processed first and proxies last?

Now proxies are processed first and while they are being backed up, a number of other VMs fail. If I retry the job, everything goes fine (since the proxies have already been processed).

The errors I get are:
Getting VM info from vSphere
Error: File does not exist or locked. VMFS path: [[DataStore02] vm-001.domain.local/vm-001.domain.local.vmx]. Please, try to download specified file using connection to the ESX server where the VM registered. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:IP-ADDRESS,nfchost:host-241,stg:datastore-139@vm-001.domain.local/fi-esp-vm-001.domain.local.vmx].

Error: Failed to open VDDK disk [[DataStore02] vm-010/vm-010_3.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [true] ) Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [IP-ADDRESS];Port: 443;Login: [domain\backup];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-99];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-360];Transports: [nbd];Read Only: [true]] failed because of the following errors: Failed to open disk for read. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
Bed?! Beds for sleepy people! Lets get a kebab and go to a disco!
MS MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
VMWare VCP5-DCV
Veeam VMCE
hyvokar
Veteran

Re: Manually change processing order

Post by hyvokar »

E: not datacenter, but my Cluster
VMWare VCP5-DCV
Veeam VMCE
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You cannot set priority in case the entire VI object is selected. Try to put proxy VMs into exclusions and back them up separately.
hyvokar
Veteran

Post by hyvokar »

I'll just turn this topic then to feature request :-)
VMWare VCP5-DCV
Veeam VMCE