Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Mike72677
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike T

Veeam Agent For Windows - Rotating Media - Initializing Erro

Post by Mike72677 »

I have a Windows 10 machine setup with the Veeam Agent for Windows and added 2 external USB drives for rotating media. The job is setup to run M-F @ 5:30. Job runs and ends in a warning about the recovery partition being almost full. I made the registry edit this morning and rebooted to try and suppress that warning.

1. Go to 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup
2. Create the following registry entry:

Type: DWORD
Name: DisableVolumeFreeSpaceCheckWarning
Value: 1

The job is setup to eject the media once it completes. It seems the job is trying to run again after it finishes with the warning and I get the error "Initializing Error: Backup target is not accessible.". Yesterday it was about 12 minutes after the job completed with the warning that it tried to initialize the backup disk and run again. From what I read, the job shouldn't retry just on a warning. Any idea what's going on? It is the latest version of the Veeam Agent for Windows running in free mode.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Agent For Windows - Rotating Media - Initializing

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Mike,

This behavior looks unexpected, so kindly open a support case and share the case ID for future reference. Cheers!