Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rchew
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Raymond Chew

Cannot Install Veeam 5.0

Post by rchew »

I think I've got a bit of a mess on my hands here.

I was in the process of upgrading Veeam to 5.0. Everything installed just fine but I wanted to remove the Virtual Center from Veeam and point it to a new one. We had upgraded our VC a few months ago and changed the hostname of the VC at the time. As a temporary solution, I just created a host entry in my Veeam Server to point to the new VC IP address using the old hostname. Now that I have upgraded to 5.0, I wanted to start from scratch. Unfortunately, I couldn't remove the old VC from Veeam. It just became unresponsive when I tried. I waited for over an hour before deciding to terminate the program.

I uninstalled Veeam and ALL SQL Server components. Now when I try to install Veeam, I get the following error...

Error 27552. Error creating databse VeeamBackup.
Server: Microsoft SQL Server (local)\Veeam. Cannot
create file 'C:\...\VeeamBackup.mdf' because it
already exists. Change the file path or the file name,
andretry the operation (5170)

I searched the entire drive and cannot find the file in question. Please HELP !!!

TIA

Ray
albert
Novice
Full Name: Alberto

Re: Cannot Install Veeam 5.0

Post by albert »

hi, can you see a services of sql in the veeam server???
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Well, the file clearly exist - may be just in folder unreachable by search (such as hidden folder). You do need to delete the MDF (and also LDF file with the same name) file mentioned in the error, and it will work. May be the file is pending deletion, too - try rebooting your computer first. If this does not help, please contact support for further assistance directly. Thanks!
rchew
Influencer

Post by rchew »

I have enabled viewing of all hidden files and folders in the explorer options and ran a search for *.mdf on my disk. The file DOES NOT exist. I also rebooted the server after uninstalling Veeam and SQL Server. I even deleted the profile thinking the file might be in the user folder (as unlikely as that is) but since the path was not in the error, I couldn't determine its location.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Try searching in this very folder, those files should be there:

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\
rchew
Influencer

Post by rchew »

Thanks Vitaly...the files were there. I wonder why my search for *.mdf didn't find it. It found other files with that extension so I know my search parameters were accurate and they were run at the root of c:\ drive. Regardless...I've renamed the files and it has installed correctly.

Thank You !!!

Ray