Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jeffsterv
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeff

Client won't stop trying to cancel

Post by jeffsterv »

I finally upgraded to v2 and saw that it was still trying to do a backup so I told it to cancel. It's been cancelling for 5 hours now. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling twice. The second time I even cleaned up the registry of any Veeam references yet, when I reinstall the client, all the settings remain and it's still trying to cancel. I don’t get it? :evil:
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Client won't stop trying to cancel

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Jeff,

I saw this issue previously but it looks like it was resolved by our support team. Can you please open a support case via Control Panel > Support > technical Support and share the case ID.
jeffsterv
Novice

Post by jeffsterv »

Thanks Dima,

Unfortunately I can't provide a case number because the client just errors out when I try to submit. All it says is "1 error occurred while processing" so I'm dead in the water.
jeffsterv
Novice

Post by jeffsterv »

Actually, the message is "One or more errors occurred" right after it tries to gather logs. No idea how to get past it? I have to relaunch the client just to be able to retry but, still get the same message.
jeffsterv
Novice

Post by jeffsterv »

FYI, got it fixed by whacking the database. Changed "RecreateDatabase" in HKLM > SOFTWARE > Veeam > Veeam Endpoint Backup from 0 to 1 and then rebooted.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Jeff,

Glad you nailed it! Next time you face similar issue submitting the case - PM me you email address. I’ll ask support team to get it touch with you. Thanks!