Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Arturo Pedroza
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Arturo Pedroza Dimas

Personal email notifications

Post by Arturo Pedroza »

Hi, this is the situation...
I created an alarm in Veeam One Monitor to be monitoring the CPU usage of all the virtual machines in my infrastucture. The action is "Send email to a default group" and that notice me when i have a problem as vCenter administrator.
But what I'd like is that the VM administrator knows about the problem getting a personal email notification as a Virtual Machine administrator, for example, i want that this user specifically get the alarm notification... [Business View/Virtual machines/Administrator/vmadmin1*] when vmadmin1* is the admin of the virtual machine that triggered the alarm.

Any advice?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Personal email notifications

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hi Arturo,
Do you want to have dedicated admin for each VM, just for particular VMs or there are groups of VMs with same admin?
Thanks!
Arturo Pedroza
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Arturo Pedroza Dimas

Post by Arturo Pedroza »

I already have an admin for each VM, in my vSphere infrastructure every virtual machine has been tagged with the name of their admin (vSphere User).
And in Veeam One Business View I have groups called with the name of the admin and every group contains all the virtual machines that are administrated by that user.
What I want is that the user who is the admin of "x" virtual machine gets a personal email notification.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Got it. That is going to be directly addressed in v10 release.
For now the only way is to clone alarms assigning them to particular VMs and typing group admins emails in actions.