Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Deleting replica jobs from disk

Post by bhagen »

We're building a new VMWare stack and using VBR9.5 Enterprise to create replicas of servers from the "old" stack to the "new" stack. Then we do a planned failover and follow up with a permanent failover.

We've done a single server at a time, creating the above jobs for each server, mostly to aid in learning how replicas and failovers look / feel / work, but also so we can specify maintenance windows for each server, just in case something goes wrong.

In any case, we're done moving servers and the old VMWare stack is shut down.

Now I have several replica jobs with a status of "ready" sitting under the "Replicas" item in the left-hand tree view in VBR. Under that is the "Ready" item, also with several entries...but not everything in "Replicas" is in "Ready".

Pretty soon we're going to spin up a 2nd VMWare stack in a different physical location as our DR stack, and I'm going to replicate all the VMs that are running on the new stack to the DR stack.

SO: Is it safe to simply delete-from-disk all entries from both "Replicas" and "Ready"? Or is that going to delete the VMs that are now running on our "new" VMWare stack?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Deleting replica jobs from disk

Post by veremin »

Permanently failed over VMs should be removed from "Replicas" node. Do you still see them there? Thanks.
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Post by bhagen »

Yes; I still see the permanently failed over VMs in the "replicas" node...*and* in the "ready" node.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hmm, looks strange, you might ask support team for assistance or just remove those VMs from configuration so that no one can delete them anyhow, using backup console. Thanks.