Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Jean-Philippe
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

WAN Accelerator with 2 IP

Post by Jean-Philippe »

Hello the Veeam community, i would like to share with you my concern and get your advices :-)

I'm using for Backup Copy Job from remote site (source) to a datacenter (target) the WAN Accelerator feature. (Many to one scenario)
The main issue I am facing is that the target WAN accelerator have 2 lan cards teams, I mean one IP Address A for management with gateway and another IP Address B for dedicated Backup LAN without gateway. All the infra in the datacenter is design that way and works well.

The desination repository to store the Backup Copy is a CIFS share that is reachable through the Backup LAN.

It seems to be link to the job but in somes cases the traffic is ok and both source WAN and target WAN discuss over the management IP => The good, then data is copied on the selected repository through the Backup LAN.

But sometimes the WAN source discuss with the Backup LAN IP on target WAN => The bad, data transfer do not works and copy jobs fails. Is there a way t know how Veeam can use an IP or another ?

Thanks for your help.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: WAN Accelerator with 2 IP

Post by foggy »

Have you tried to use the preferred networks functionality to address that?
Jean-Philippe
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Re: WAN Accelerator with 2 IP

Post by Jean-Philippe » 1 person likes this post

Hi Foggy, late reply sorry I'm going to try and keep you update.