Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Larryboy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lon M

Pre Job Batch File Option?

Post by Larryboy »

I have a virtual Windows 2000 server but I can only properly backup this machine if I first stop an windows service (an oracle database service) and then restart that service after the backup finishes.

I need the ability to run PRE and POST batch files on the server. I have only seen the "Post Job activity" option. Is there a "Pre job activity" option somewhere? Is there anything that I can do?

Thanks for your help.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Re: Pre Job Batch File Option?

Post by Gostev »

Hi, if you click "Do not ask me" ;) banner on front page of this board, there is recorded webinar about backing up Oracle, this should answer your question fully. Since Windows 2000 does not support VSS, you will need to choose between 3 different options targeted at non-Windows systems. Thanks!
Larryboy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lon M

Post by Larryboy »

Please, is there any way to automatically stop a service before the backup starts? This is my question. I have more services to stop than just this oracle one.

Thanks for helping.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, there is a way to do that. Have you checked our sticky F.A.Q. section?

You should be using VMware Tools Quiescence option with prefreeze and postthaw scripts. Please search through these forums for usage examples from our existing customers > http://www.veeam.com/forums/search.php? ... e+postthaw

Thank you!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Post by Gostev »

Larryboy wrote:Please, is there any way to automatically stop a service before the backup starts? This is my question. I have more services to stop than just this oracle one. Thanks for helping.
I understand your question, and this is exactly the information that webinar I have referenced earlier is providing. Did you have a chance to watch it? It even has link to whitepaper containing step-by-step guide with some sample scripts which do exactly what you are looking to do, albeit for MySQL.