Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
patrickwilson82
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Patrick Wilson

Restoring to a new virtual server

Post by patrickwilson82 »

I'm using the free version of Veeam Agent for Windows. I'm trying to restore a veeam recovery iso to a brand new virtual server. I've loaded the iso on to a bootable flash drive and the PC will go into the Veeam recovery screen. When I start the restore process it goes to look for the backup files on my remote server but it cannot find them, I'm assuming since there's no network adapter drivers installed yet. Am I going about this wrong? When I try to restore to a different server where Windows 2012 is already installed it will not boot to the Recovery screen. Any suggestions?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restoring to a new virtual server

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Patrick ,

If your backup files are stored on a NAS please use Network location and specify shared folder and access credentials (if required). To install network drivers, you can go to Tools (from the main screen) > Load Driver. Here is the detailed Bare Metal Recovery how-to in case you need it. Please let me know how it goes.
patrickwilson82
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Patrick Wilson

Post by patrickwilson82 »

I got it working. Thank you! I did not realize that the network connection needed to be configured for DHCP. Once I did that, I was good to go.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Patrick,

Glad you nailed it and thank you for sharing the update!