Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Marshall L.
Lurker
Liked: never

Integration with Google Drive

Post by Marshall L. »

We currently use Veeam Backup & Recovery for our Windows file server. We are migrating our files from that file server to Google Drive. Are there any plans to expand Veeam backup to include these files
within Google Drive? We'll have a hybrid environment of Chromebooks and Windows-based, domain joined end points.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Integration with Google Drive

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Currently we have no plans for integration with Google Drive (GD). Also, could you be more specific about the use case - do you want to use VBR to backup files from GD to some local repository, or you want to be to able to backup Chromebook?

Thanks
Marshall L.
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Marshall L. »

I would like to backup files from GD to a cloud-based repository. As a non-profit, Google Drive is free to our employees, so it makes sense for us to transfer files from our server to these accounts. We've used Veeam for years, so I was hoping we could backup these accounts to a cloud repository. maybe using Cloud Connect or something similar. We would not be storing any information locally on the Chromebooks.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

In this case the traffic is going to travel through your backup infrastructure (as there is no direct connection from GD to cloud repositories) so your internet bill is likely to skyrocket (unless you get it for free as a non-profit, too :) ). Also I don't see much point in taking data from one cloud to another cloud, is that for the sake of cloud storage diversity?

Thanks