Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
bdoucette
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Barry Doucette

Some tapes show usage but appear to have no data

Post by bdoucette »

New to Veeam. Using 9.5 and we are are archiving to Superstore LTO6 w/ 16 tapes. Backing up 7.2 tb. When I review the tape archive for the weekend. There are several tapes the show 2.3 TB used and 4.1 gb free yet I see no files on the the tape within Veeam. The job is stopped waiting for tapes as well even though there are 2 unrecognized tapes available. If I make the 2 tapes free, the job still stalls with the awaiting tapes message. The archiving of 7.2 tb took 11 tapes with a total of 25.3 TB with 4 of those tape having no files case 02419201
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Some tapes show usage but appear to have no data

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Barry,

Please keep working with our support team and do not forget to share the investigation results. Thank you.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Some tapes show usage but appear to have no data

Post by veremin »

The job is stopped waiting for tapes as well even though there are 2 unrecognized tapes available.
Are those tapes were written by 3-party software by any chance? Such tapes do not participate in backup process, unless you erase them or mark them as free. Thanks.