Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wilkins44
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jay Wilkins

Feature Request: B&R Console on Mac and/or RHEL

Post by wilkins44 »

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask for this, but I'd love to be able to open the B&R console from my Mac or my laptop running RHEL. As of right now, I have to RDP to a Windows system, and open it there. Not a huge inconvenience, but it would be nice to be able to just open it up locally.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request: B&R Console on Mac and/or RHEL

Post by veremin »

Yep, this request has been brought up previously. Just to set proper expectations, though - there are no immediate plans to implement it. Thanks.
wilkins44
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jay Wilkins

Post by wilkins44 »

Thanks for the reply. It never hurts to ask though.
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Post by mikeely »

I think Veeam ought to consider any options to reduce its reliance on Windows. Being tied to Windows Server is a major negative. Having to use a (UI issue plagued) Windows-only program for management is downright egregious. Look at vSphere, which is now nearly feature complete using HTML5.

Can Veeam _please_ make a concentrated effort to get current with today's technology? And no, I do not mean ReFS (ugh!).
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

I don't believe this would be a good use of our limited R&D resources at this time, comparing to how much value we can add to the product focusing the same developers on other features related to data protection. Including features for mostly-Linux shops like your own ;)
toryderon
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tory Deron

Post by toryderon » 1 person likes this post

My SysAdmin team which uses mostly Linux and Mac desktops is able to manage every other product we use via a Web based interface. VMware, Pure, Nutanix, Solarwinds, Cisco UCS, etc., etc.

The only tool left that still forces a thick client running on WIndows, is Veeam, which is why we are now looking to move away from Veeam to another backup Product, (Rubrik, for example).

Please, consider that when deciding where to spend your R&D dollars.