Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Creating a baseline

Post by t481 »

Hello,
Would it be possible to use Veeam ONE to benchmark and create a profile of every VM to use as a baseline?

For example, create a report for VM1 which uses on average 1GHz with minimum of 200MHz and a maximum of 1.2GHz of CPU, the same for RAM and disk IOPs.

The aim of this is to be able to assess the impact of the recent revelations regarding design flaws in Intel chips. The patches will affect the performance of our environment and we need to be able to assess this.

I'm open to other suggestions if Veeam ONE cannot do this.

Thanks in advance
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Creating a baseline

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

I assume you're referring to the possible performance degradation after installing OS patches to address Intel processes issue, right? In this case, you try to run undersized/oversized VMs report that would analyze resource usage and make recommendations for that. After install these patches you can run these reports again and compare the results. Would that address your request?

Thanks!
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by t481 »

Yes that's what we want to use it for.

I'll try your suggestion. Many thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can also capacity planning report to see what the host resource usage is today to review the trend and understand what impact might be after installing all the patches.