Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
emad
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Emad Yehia

Veeam agent error

Post by emad »

Dears,
I hope my message finds you excellent.
When backing up from Veeam Endpoint version 1.5.0.306 to a VEEAM B & R server version 9.5.0.823, i see the following message.
Error: Veeam agents can only use advanced backup functionality when backing up to licensed versions of Veeam Backup & Replication.
However, it was working properly and the license still valid for two years, also other jobs are working fine except Endpoint jobs.
Thanks in advance.
randy16randy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Randy Redekopp

Re: Veeam agent error

Post by randy16randy »

You could try updating from VEB v1.5 Veeam Agent for Windows v2

I was advised by Veeam support on a separate item that they highly recommend updating endpoints to VAW (should be an Update message and link right in the VEB console on the individual machines)
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Thanks Randy for the reply.
Kindly note that i have this problem with all VEB client and i also tried to update VEB to a higher version (according to a notification) before this problem appears and after update I got a notification error of incompatibility issue with VEEAM B&R 9.5.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Emad,

Veeam Endpoint Backup Free v1.5 knowns nothing about licensing, so if you have license deployed it fails. To resolve this issue please upgrade 1.5 to the next version v2.0
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Dear Dima,
I updated VEB agent to version 2.0.0.700 and still have incompatibility issue with VEEAM B&R server version 9.5.0.823
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Dears,
Thank you all for your consideration and concern.
I solved this issue by upgrading VEEAM B&R to version 9.5.0.1038 as I downloaded and installed this Package "VeeamBackup&Replication_9.5.0.1038.Update2" and every thing went normal as previous behavior.
Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Glad you nailed it and thanks for sharing the heads up!
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Dears,
After 2 months of proper backup, i got the next error again on VEEAM agent "Error : Unable to obtain license from VEEAM B&R server".
And got the next error every time I open VEEAM B&R console "Your VEEAM agent for windows subscription license has expired".
It is very annoying and exhausting matter .
Any changed or Updates done VEEAM that we do not know about? or, VEEAM agent for windows became licensed suddenly ?
Can anybody helps ?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Emad,

Please open your Veeam B&R console, navigate to the main menu and go to Licensing control. Check the expiration date for your license. If the license is expired you have to renew it, otherwise agents won’t operate in paid editions. You still have an option to remove the agent license and swap all your agent to free edition.

emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Hello Dima,
I did not buy a license for windows before,I have only bought a VEEAM B&R for Virtual machines.
i usually use free VEEAM agent for windows. Does it has a maximum no. of users to continue free or something?
How can i switch to free again?
Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Emad,

In agents were operating in unmanaged mode (without Veeam B&R 9.5 U3 centrally managing your agents) you need to remove agent license like described in this KB article. Agents should be switched back to Free mode automatically.
emad
Enthusiast

Post by emad »

Dima,
Thanks, this solution worked for me .I removed agent license and everything is working properly.