Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
sixarm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: David Roberts

Update 3 - No upgrade option

Post by sixarm »

Hi there,

I have Veeam ONE installed on a standalone server, Programs and Features shows 9.5.0.3201 installed. When I run the installer for Update 3 the only option I get is to Repair or Remove.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Update 3 - No upgrade option

Post by Mike Resseler »

David?

How are you running the installer? Did you download the ZIP file containing update 3 from our website? (VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.zip), extracted the update file from it (VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.exe) and ran that application? Can you post a screenshot (or a link to a screenshot) from the installer?
sixarm
Enthusiast

Post by sixarm »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the ZIP for Availability Suite, which contained two ISOs (VeeamBackup&Replication_9.5.0.1536.Update3.iso & VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.iso). I've mounted up the VeeamONE ISO and then running setup.exe from there.

Am I going about this the wrong way then?

EDIT:

OK, so I've downloaded Update 3 for Veeam ONE at the bottom of the Downloads page, which is the ZIP containing the EXE you mentioned, this is working as expected.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Seems correct,

You should get a screen as you can see here in this blogpost: https://domalab.com/upgrade-veeam-one-v ... 5-update3/

Is this not your case? Can you take a screenshot and show what you see?
sixarm
Enthusiast

Post by sixarm »

My edit crossed over with your 2nd reply, apologies.

I didn't have those screenshots at all, it was just the main Installer one where you chose what elements of Veeam ONE to install, Server or Monitor Client, I'd select Server, accept the EULA and then be presented with the Repair or Remove screen.

Using the other EXE I've now upgraded to Update 3. On to B&R now.

Surely the ISO should work for an upgrade too though right?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Ah, I think I understand it now. You downloaded the full ISO's (which are big ones) instead of the updates (ZIP files). Not sure if the full ISO's can update on its own. I will ask but for now it might be best that you download the updates only to get your solutions to the latest versions.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

If you already had Veeam ONE installed, you need to use .exe from VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.zip
As far as I know .iso can not update on its own. By the way, where did you get the u3.iso?
Thanks!
sixarm
Enthusiast

Post by sixarm »

OK cool. This is the first upgrade I've performed with Veeam so wasn't 100% sure of the process.

On the Veeam site I went to Downloads -> Veeam Availability Suite - (https://www.veeam.com/data-center-avail ... nload.html)

From there I downloaded the full ISO at 3.6GB.

At least I now know only to download the Update ZIPs going forward and not the whole ISO.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

I hope the upgrade process now went smoothly :-)
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, ISO is for those who install from the scratch, for update follow corresponding KB articles or forum topic.
Glad the issue is resolved :)
JCross
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jim Cross

[MERGED] Updating Veeam Monitor CLIENT after Update 3

Post by JCross »

So what have seen is after upgrading to Update 3 from Update 2 using VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.exe, we have been unsuccessful in upgrading the desktops running the monitor client using the ISO (VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.iso) or the Windows Installer package (veeam_monitor_cln_x64.msi). The client installs - but when we try to execute we get the message the client is at an older version and needs updating. The version of the client being installed is 9.5.3201 - NOT 9.5.3801 we'd expect to see.

I have not clicked on "Ok" to automatically perform the upgrade to the required version because where I work we apply upgrades manually. All prior 9.5 updates worked fine when upgrading the desktop client - Update 3 isn't. We have a ticket open with support - anyone else seeing this issue?
JCross
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jim Cross

Re: Updating Veeam Monitor CLIENT after Update 3

Post by JCross »

This was resolved....You do not (and cannot) use the ISO to upgrade the desktop Veeam ONE Monitor client. For some reason the ISO has what appears to be the initial 9.5 install media – then upgrades that to Update 3 afterwards. The Install Monitor Client option on the ISO will not work – it installs the 9.5.3201 version.

You have to run the VeeamONE_9.5.0.3801.Update3.exe patch….and this assumes you already have monitor client installed.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Jim and welcome to the community.
Correct, as you stated and as was said above, you need to use .iso for installation from the scratch and .exe for the update
Glad the issue is resolved.