Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TomPioreck
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Pioreck

Replication job fails b/c can't read file

Post by TomPioreck »

Hello,

We are receiving the following error, consistently, on one of our replication jobs for a specific system;

Code: Select all

Processing SYSTEMNAME Error: Incorrect function. Failed to read data from the file [Z:\Backups\Replicas\SYSTEMNAME_Replication_Job_etc\2018-01-25T165529.vbk]. 
I can browse to the folder location using Windows Explorer and confirm that it is there. Other jobs associated with the system backup fine, so from a DR perspective it isn't critical, which is why it's been backburnered. But I want my jobs to be clean. The last time we had an issue like this, support wouldn't do anything until we upgraded to the latest Veeam 9 release, which we have done. This job is still giving us an issue.

It's a rather large machine, so asking to run it clean or from a new seed would take a few days. If that's the case, then I can work with that, but was hoping to gain something that could allow the job to run. I have already tried past recommendations; rescan the repository; remove the machine from the jobs, refresh, then add it back; confirm agent running on host. This is an isolated incident. This machine is successful in other backup and backup copy jobs. The datastore for the original and its replica both house other systems and jobs, all of which are running correctly and without error.

Thanks.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Replication job fails b/c can't read file

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Would you post ID of the case that you've mentioned please?

Also I want to make sure we're on the same page, so I'll ask a few questions:

- Does the job fail instantly or in the middle of the session?
- Apparently it is Replica from Backup job, right? If so, then what it the type of your source backup job (forever forward/reverse/forward)?

Thanks
TomPioreck
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Pioreck

Post by TomPioreck »

The job doesn't fail immediately, it runs for a minute or so, then the error message appears just after the job goes to 'Remove Snapshot". The initial start of job goes through and connections are established, the vm is identified and properly assessed for its size. Everything looks good, right up until it would release the snapshot, then failure. Backup jobs are set as reverse incrementals.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Tom, a closer look into the job logs is required here, so please contact support directly, unless you've already done that. Thanks.