Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
orionuk
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Delete me

Backup and Restore of Sharepoint 2007 WFE

Post by orionuk »

Hiya

My company is currently implementing a Sharepoint 2007 solution which consists of the following:

1 x SQL Server 2005
2 x Sharepoint 2007 Web Front End

All servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2 and are being backed via Veeam 5.0 for the basic server O/S. SQL is setup to backup its own DBs to a file share which are then backed up by NetBackup.

I have heard that Veeam can backup and restore items from a Sharepoint document list/library however I am struggling to find any instructions on how to do this. I have downloaded the manual but there is no mention on how to do this.

Are there any instructions/advice on how to go about this please?

Many thanks

Gareth
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup and Restore of Sharepoint 2007 WFE

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Gareth,

You should be using Universal AIR Wizard to perform an item restore from SharePoint. You can take a look at the general workflow to draw a clear picture of this process, but basically you would need to use native Sharepoint item restore tools: U-AIR Workflow

Besides, here is a recorded demo of U-AIR: http://www.veeam.com/go/vPower-webinar

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Re: Backup and Restore of Sharepoint 2007 WFE

Post by Gostev »

Funny you should ask - I saw another customer's tweet about performing exactly this task last week. :)
@SCullman wrote:First serious job here for #Veeam #Surebackup: Recovering deleted files in Sharepoint is a no-brainer. Virtual Lab is awesome.