Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nmaas87
Novice
Liked: never

Allow Users from Active Directory Group

Post by nmaas87 »

Hi there,

I want to allow all Users from a specific AD Group to be able to create Backups via veeam Backup and Replication 9.5.
I just wanted to ask wheter I am right with the procedure to achieve certain scenario.
1.) Add Windows Server to Active Directory / Domain network
2.) Generate AD Admin and give this account Admin rights on the Server
3.) Install Veeam Backup & Replication on said Admin Account on the Server
4.) Start Veeam and add a Backup Repo with Access rights allowed to the Active Directory Group
5.) I should then be able to use the Veeam Agent to login to the Repo and create a new Backup

Is that correct, did I miss something or are there special steps that need to be undertaken to get said scenario working?

Regards,

Nico
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Allow Users from Active Directory Group

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Nico, could you please clarify your request a bit? If your intention is to allow users other than administrator to perform backups using Veeam B&R, then you need to assign the corresponding accounts a role withing Veeam B&R console.
nmaas87
Novice

Post by nmaas87 »

Hi foggy,

yes I want other users to use the Veeam Agent, installed locally on their PCs to perform updates of their own PCs using their Active Directory Accounts.
So if I want them to be able to to do Backups and Restores on their own, without interaction from an Administrator, I need to give the users at least Veeam Backup Operator and Veeam Restore Operator rights, otherwise they won't be able to do Backups and Restores of their own PCs - is that correct?

Cheers,

Nico
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Ah, you're talking about Veeam Agent for Windows, sorry for missing this. Then yes, you just need to configure access to repository.
nmaas87
Novice

Post by nmaas87 »

Thanks foggy,

that answers my question :).

Regards,

Nico