Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tbigley
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Travis Bigley

Target's Host losing connection

Post by tbigley »

Odd issue - I've looked at it from every direction I can think of, engaged VEEAM as well as VMware and haven't found a resolution yet so I thought I might try suggestions here.

Basic overview is that I replicate VM's to a DR site over a dedicated line. I don't see any issues with the line or connectivity problems but once I start kicking off jobs it loses connectivity. They are hiccups and they last 10-12 seconds but it seems to cause interruptions in the replication jobs and causes them to fail. It's sporadic enough that only the larger jobs that run for longer fail consistently but if no jobs are running there are no connection issues.

The dropped connection alarm comes via vCenter
The jobs fail with the error: An error occurred while communicating with the remote host.

I have Ftp'd a large file over to that host to try to replicate the issue with VEEAM out of the picture and this was unable to recreate the lost connection which leads me to believe this could be something to do with VEEAM Api's that may have been updated when we changed over to 9.5 v2 or v3 - but if that was in fact the case I would expect to see this issue when replicating to other hosts as well (I do not) only this one host at our DR site.

Any idea's what could be causing it?

-Travis
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Target's Host losing connection

Post by foggy »

Hi Travis, does it occur at the same stage of the job each time?
tbigley
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Travis Bigley

Post by tbigley »

No specific time or stage - but while replications to that host run it happens intermittently (few times an hour) and while no replication is running it doesn't have that behavior.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Looks strange, were our engineers able to investigate? What is the case ID, btw?