Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stevil
Expert
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Steve B

Job Status Not Updating

Post by stevil »

This may just be me, but, in the last couple of days I've been doing some testing, running jobs manually. I'm getting a problem where the runs runs OK but the job status isn't updated. It's just sat there in 'jobs' saying 'stopped'. When I double click it there is no progress report, just the old backup report from a job I did yesterday.

I've tried rebooting, but it seems to come back after a while. Very strange.
Alexey D.

Re: Job Status Not Updating

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Steve,

It might be something wrong with SQL server. What is your setup? Did you make any changes to that server prior getting the described behaviour?
stevil
Expert

Post by stevil »

rebooting didn't fix the issue this time. I ended up deleting the job and recreating it. It seems to be fine again now. Sounds like the job became corrupt in some way?
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

It's very hard to guess having insufficient information at the input... My assumption was that something had happened with job's records in database. If you continue getting the issue, please work with our technical support. Thanks!
stevil
Expert

Post by stevil »

OK thank Alexey, I'll keep my eye on it and see if it reoccurs. I've been doing a lot of testing, maybe it just got itself in a muddle with all the changes.