Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
coreypenford

Feature Request - Default job settings

Post by coreypenford »

In our environment, we've decided to go with an individual job for each individual mailbox.

Unless I've missed a setting somewhere, it appears that anytime you go to create a new backup job on an organisation, it always starts with a default of 6PM everyday, 3 retires, and 10 minutes between each retry attempt.

It would be nice if there was an option (per organisation? to accommodate different locations and business hours etc?) to define a default job setting, so it was as simple as clicking next next next to get the schedule/settings you want.

i.e.

Considering we want all our jobs to start at 8PM with a backup window defined, it's obviously quite the pain to have to set this up again, every time a new job/mailbox gets added to the server. Especially the backup window, as it's a bit more or a process then changing the time.

I've already gotten a powershell script written up that goes through all the jobs and changes the schedule to what we want (w/ backup window) , but it doesn't feel right using the script and touching every job on the server when I'm really only trying to modify the newest addition. I mean I could always modify the script and point it to one job specifically, which is likely what I'll do for now. But it would be nice to not have to resort to scripts for something so simple.

Let me know if you have any questions about our use case, thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request - Default job settings

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey,

I think I understand the use case but I'm afraid that is a FR that won't make it to the next version (we are already at feature lock). But consider it noted and we will look if this can be implemented for the next version

Thanks
Mike
Iain_Green
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Iain Green

Post by Iain_Green »

Hi

Not sure this helps, but when we create a new backup we simply clone an existing backup. Edit the name and point it to the new scope.

This allows us to keep all the settings we have. For each customer.
Many thanks

Iain Green
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Ian,

I might be wrong but this are you doing this with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365?