Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
AKWilliams
Lurker
Liked: never

Exchange 2013 Restore Not Working

Post by AKWilliams »

Hi there,

I am a network admin for system which requires two physical servers - One online and the other physically disconnected from the other, but fully functional.. Just to note, this is a private network with no conneciton to the internet whatsoever... Strange, but thats how it is!

The live server is MS Server 2012R2 running Hyper-V with the following individual VM's

- Domain Controller
- SQL
- SCCM

I have Veeam 9.5 Update 3 running to do my daily backups to a NAS via iSCSI All the backups are enabled for Application Awareness

What i have done so far is on the disconnected server - running Svr 2012R2, Hyper-V and Veeam 9.5 U3 - Imported the backups and restored the VMs back into Hyper V. They all import fine and all of them will boot up. Everything seems to be working just fine with Exchange being the main exception. I can access a users mailbox via the OWA Web interface, but no matter what i've tried, Outlook clients fail everytime. It appears to be a certificate error and after spending 5 days trying to resolve the problem by reissuing certs etc i just cant get it working.

Just to add, i have also tried doing replication from one server to the other.. But results are exactly the same with Exchange. Am i doing something fundamentally wrong here?

Rgds
Aidan
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Exchange 2013 Restore Not Working

Post by nielsengelen »

Which error are you running into (certificate warning/error)? Are you using a valid certicate from an instance or using something self-signed?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
AKWilliams
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Exchange 2013 Restore Not Working

Post by AKWilliams »

I've got an internal CA on the DC. Used it when Exch was first installed and its been working fine. As said, the server which the backup has been taken from is also working fine.