Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
TheDWord
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Derek Chisholm

Backup Copy jobs summary in Data Protection View

Post by TheDWord »

In the Veeam One Monitor client, under Data Protection View with Backup Infrastructure selected, I would expect to see the status of Backup Copy jobs summarized with or along side Backup Job by Status. However, in order to see status of Backup Copy jobs, I must switch to the VM Jobs tab where all job types are listed. I would be nice to see all job statuses on the Summary tab.

This appears to be functionality as designed but I'm curious if I'm missing something. And, if I'm not, curious whether the backup copy jobs will be represented on the Summary tab in a future release?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Backup Copy jobs summary in Data Protection View

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Derek and welcome to the community!
You are right, that works like that by design. We are not planning to change the behavior in the next release. You may monitor the backup copy job results in Veeam Backup & Replication Dashboard.
We will also take your request into account.
Thanks!
martintillbrook
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Tillbrook

Post by martintillbrook »

I've got the same problem with this. I would like to be able to have a view of my copy jobs and I can't find a way to do it. I can't even add them as a widget to a custom report dashboard as there isn't a widget for them.
In the summary screen in the Veeam one Monitor Client, I have a very nice graph of Backup Jobs by Status but then the next two are for replication jobs - I don't have any and Surebackup jobs - again, i dont have any. Why can't I customise this view to include things like copy jobs which I do use?#
This seems like a really simple thing to be able to do and, for the crazy amount of money this software costs, it seems to be something that should be available.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Martin and welcome to the community!
The request is taken into account for the future versions.
There is no separate widget, but mentioned Backup Job Status widget contains information about copy jobs.
Thanks!