Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
dfehse
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Daniel Fehse

Feature Request

Post by dfehse »

Hi,
just Evaluation Veeam for Office 365. We have to backup about 400 Mailboxes in Tendant that is shared with other subsideris and we have to backup only the one from us. How to easy select 400 Mailboxes out of 2000 and not to Forget one when there are changes in the stuff? This must be adderessed in a future release that I Can select only those maiboxes hat are in certain group or has a certain Attribute.
Rds Daniel
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Feature Request

Post by nielsengelen » 1 person likes this post

Currently this can be done via PowerShell however with our upcoming release we have already implemented enhancements to the behaviour on selecting users or groups.

How are they currently identified?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Daniel,
What type of group are you talking about? Distribution group (either dynamic or not), mail-enabled security group? O365 group?

Let us know
Mike
BDIBioenergy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BDI Admin

Post by BDIBioenergy »

RE: License count exceeded while testting. How to reset usage / delete data? - Case # 03182395

Office365 Backup License count reset is a very bad and unusal design.
We had to manually delete the configuration database, delete all backups and start from scratch where we needed to configure everything again...

this is unacceptable in our mind
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi André,

VBO licensing provides certain flexibility in license counts. For example, with a subscription license, you can exceed the number of purchased/used licenses up to 10 user accounts or 10% of the license count (whichever is greater).

If you're above this count and want to reuse some licenses, you can remove unneeded users from backup jobs and wait for 31 days for the licenses to be revoked. In this case, there's no need to reset any configuration and the backed up data will be still kept in the repository and available for restore.

Another option, as it has been suggested to you by our support team, is to roll back to the clean installation and start from the scratch.
BDIBioenergy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BDI Admin

Post by BDIBioenergy »

Yes I know all of this. But it is still very bad.

The customer started testing of this product and accidentally added all users to the sync albeit he only has 30 licenses.
At this point the product stopped working at day of use #2.

No I come into play and tell him he has to delete everything and start again if he does not want to wait 31 days.
So you come into play and call him and tell him that this is by design.
I am waiting.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

André, I understand your concern and the inconvenience for the customer, however, this is how our licensing policy and product design currently work. I still hope that now when the product is fully functional again for your customer, they will have a chance to enjoy its capabilities.