Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RCKaraoglu
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Karaoglu

Feature Requests

Post by RCKaraoglu »

Hello,

first of all, veeam is doing a great job, using it since 2015 successfully.
Thank you for this, not to deliver banana Software (matures at the customer).

My feature requests for Veeam Backup and Replication would be the following:

1. Support of the EMC PowerMax Family.

2. A Button to stop/ start the VeeamBackup scheduler. (Sometimes it is needed to open up an maintenance Window within the backup window, so it would be cool to stop all veeam activities by a click and resume them with a click). Stopping starting the veeam server or disabling/ enabling Jobs is not a fault tolerant way to hande this. A way without tuching the jobs or the server would be a more straight way.

3. A way to mass edit Backup Jobs. Actually it is not possible to clone more then one Job at a time, change the repository of more then one job at a time etc. For sure I can write a script to do it, but cooler would be to do it by gui.

4. To start Agent Backup Jobs by script on the Veeam Backup Server, like it is possible for VM Backup Jobs.

Hpefully this is not an exaggerated whislist ;-)

Regards

Robert
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature Requests

Post by HannesK »

Hello Robert,
and welcome to the forums.

1. In general, you can use EMC PowerMax with Veeam. If you are asking for integration with "Backup from Storage Snapshots", then I need to send you to EMC. They need to implement that as we offer our APIs to storage vendors. We don't implement storage integrations anymore from our side. We only provide the API

2. Valid request and we also discussed that one earlier. It sounds easy, but it is quite complex in the background. Please consider your vote as counted.

3. Could superedit maybe help you? I used it some years ago.

4. let me double check for U4. I mean there are workarounds available for pre-U4, but there should be improvements with U4

Best regards,
Hanes
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
sorry for the late answer. I just tested the powershell command with U4 and it works for me.

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-VBRJob -name VAW-APP-01 |Start-VBRJob

Job Name             State      Start Time             End Time               Result
--------             -----      ----------             --------               ------
VAW-APP-01           Stopped    3/26/2019 10:46:53 AM  3/26/2019 10:49:31 AM  Success

Best regards,
Hannes
RCKaraoglu
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Karaoglu

Post by RCKaraoglu »

Hello,

thank's for this, but I was more searching for something like this:

Command line to start the job on backup server:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe" backup 8143defd-5fb0-4199-b2d1-d9688bb85afc

(Shown in the Summary of a Backup Job)

Regards

Robert
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
although I like the way to start jobs you mention... which part of my suggestion is causing issues in your environment?

Best regards,
Hannes