Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
StephenFrazier

Testing Veeam Monitor

Post by StephenFrazier »

I have installed Veeam Monitor because we have an occational performance problem. My manager says if it helps he will try to get approval to pay for it after the trial period ends.
My question is now that it is installed and running, what do I look for to solve the problem?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Testing Veeam Monitor

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Stephen,

Basically if you have performance problems then you should definitely take a look at the alarms being triggered, each alarm has its own KB article, that would guide you through initial troubleshooting steps.

Also in order to be aware about overall health of your environment, I would suggest spending some time on looking at Summary and other Monitoring dashboards.

On top of that, I would recommend you applying for a live demo from our Sales Engineers, that should be most helpful.

Thanks.
StephenFrazier

Post by StephenFrazier »

The monitor screen only displays 5 alarms. None of them seem to related to my perfermance problem. Is there a way to see the other alarms?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What kind of performance issues do you have? You may need to check out CPU/Memory/Datastore IOPS usage for affected VMs, hosts.
StephenFrazier

Post by StephenFrazier »

The nightly extract jos that run on an Oracle Database server on some days finish 2-3 hours late.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I'm not Oracle db expert, so I cannot point you to what might be causing this delays, but I would definitely start looking at the performance graphs for this particular VM. Based on this information you can further investigate your storage, CPU or memory VM consumption and find out the dependency between extract jobs and VM resource usage.