Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
nickoss
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Nick Austin

Client Connection across Domains

Post by nickoss »

Hi Folks

Just wondering if there is a way to connect to a Veeam Monitor 5.0 server from a workstation in another AD domain? There is currently no trust relationship between domains so I need to be able to enter

"domain\user" credentials when connecting the Monitor Client to the Veeam monitor server.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Client Connection across Domains

Post by Gostev »

Hi Nick, there is a way to disable Monitor clients authentication with Monitor server. Vitaly will update you with exact steps soon. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Nick, that's right, there is a possibility to disable authentication check through built-in support utility. Please refer to our support team to guide you through the steps required. Thanks!
rmilling
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Milling

Post by rmilling »

I have a similar problem but the solution to disable authentication is not appropriate. In my case, the Veeam Monitor Client is installed on a laptop that is not part of any domain. I do have credentials within the same domain as the Veeam Monitor Server, so I just need to know how to have the client use those credentials when connecting to the server. (eg. similar to mapping a network share).

Is there some way to configure the client with alternate "domain\user" credentials to use when connecting to the server?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Robert, as a workaround you may want to use net use to establish the connection. If you need any assistance with this, please contact our support team directly.