Management reporting and documentation
drock_in_nc
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Derek Cassese

VMotion report blank

Post by drock_in_nc »

It says it is blank because there is no shared storage which is simply false. We have several shared LUNS. Does this product work or not????????????????? Not impressed....
drock_in_nc
Novice

Re: VMotion report blank

Post by drock_in_nc »

So it seems that because I have 3 HA clusters that this tool then thinks I have no shared storgae. Also, I have done around 10 reports and not one has been readable. The layout is unusable. Am I going to have to do one host at a time.????
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello. Did you open the support case with our support to troubleshoot this? May be you do not create report on the right level, or this could be a bug specific to the environment.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Just noted your second post. We have completely reworked the layout to scale large environments in the upcoming version 3.5 - we are planning to release in a week. Thank you.
drock_in_nc
Novice

Post by drock_in_nc »

Interested in getting that because honestly I tried to work with this all day and I really can not use any of these reports. The VMotion report looks like a giant ball or wire. The layout is so tangled I can not use it.

My environment is is follows:

10 ESX Hosts
8 Shared LUNS
100+ VMs
20 VLANS per host

Well actually we have more but that is all I am trying to report on at the moment.

Are you addressing the way the visio reports are drawn for large environments? Is there a beta I could get my hands on? Will I get this as a free upgrade?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

I know what you are talking about on your VMotion report... It is completely redesigned in 3.5.
Yes, upgrades are free for customers on maintenance.
drock_in_nc
Novice

Post by drock_in_nc »

Well I am anxiously awaiting this new release. Another weird thing I noticed is that some of my ESX hosts do not show the VMs that they are hosting in the Network report. Some do some dont. Is there some config that needs to be done from the ESX perspective??? I have a pile of VMs at the bottom that are not associated with a Host. Also, why do a lot of my guests show up with a yellow ! symbol????
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Please open the support case on the first problem - it's hard to understand what is happening without seeing the actual report and logs.
For guests with yellow sign, you can try to enable callouts when creating the report - this would give you more information on each object. Thank you.