Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
StrazIT
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jason COmbs

Moving File Backup Job Off-site

Post by StrazIT »

I have a File Level Backup job that runs every few hours that I need to move to an S3 bucket. The Copy Mode SOBR is working fine for my VM Backups but my File Backup jobs are not being copied. Any advice on how to move these File Level Backups to S3?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Moving File Backup Job Off-site

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Jason,
NAS Backup uses Object Storage for Archival copies only(those that fall outside primary versioning settings) and is not affected by Scale-Out Backup Repository Capacity Tier settings.

In your File Backup Job, select local Backup Repository, put how many file copies to keep locally with "Keep all file versions for last...", tick [x] Keep previous file versions, and select an Object storage as archival repository. Guide here.

Note that same object storage can be added twice to be used as a Capacity Tier of Scale-Out Backup Repository as well as Archival Repository for NAS Backups.

That should do the trick!
/Cheers!
StrazIT
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jason COmbs

Re: Moving File Backup Job Off-site

Post by StrazIT » 2 people like this post

Hi Egor,
Thank you for your response.
I created a new Object storage repo going directly to S3. I edited the File Backup job to keep only one day of files in the backup repo and selected to keep previous file versions for 2 months to the new object storage repo. NOT:E this new Object storage repo cannot be a part of a SOBR or it will not show up in the list of repos available in the archive repository.
For my local copy - I created another File Backup job and selected to keep 14 days of files and did not select a archive repo.