Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
harsh.shah
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Harsh Shah

Exxchange 2010 UAIR Restore

Post by harsh.shah »

Hi,

I am currently trying to perform a UAIR restore for Exchange 2010 (DAG). Has anyone been successful with this. I have been at this for the past two days and just about to give up and start using old school backup exec recovery.

Funny enough so far Veeam has not published any best practices guide where as Symantec have one.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Exxchange 2010 UAIR Restore

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Harsh,

Could you please tell me what exactly doesn't work when you try to perform item recovery from Exchange server which is in DAG? Have you already contacted our technical team for assistance?

Also there are some recorded sessions where you can find a step-by-step guidance on the restore procedure, please have a look:
http://go.veeam.com/vpower-webinar-exch ... -2010.html

Thanks.
harsh.shah
Veeam ProPartner

Post by harsh.shah »

I have contacted technical support and to be honest no help.

The link above does not show me anything regarding the Exchange 2010 restore.

According to my opinion your product is only good for full VM recovery and individual files. when it comes to Exchange 2010 it DOES NOT WORK.

Further to that I am not happy the way you guys offer support via only email and responses are so slow. I would rather speak to someone and webex and get the issue resolved.

We already have Veeam at 5 sites, but after my findings I think I am probably looking at another product which can provide better support not emailing back and forth and at the end we have no resolution.

Further to that your documentation of UAIR is really appalling compared to other vendors.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Could you please tell me your ticket number, so I could forward your feedback and the ticket itself to our support manager for further investigation.

Also I not sure why you were not offered a WebEx session, as in most cases it is the easiest and most efficient way of resolving problems quickly.
harsh.shah wrote:The link above does not show me anything regarding the Exchange 2010 restore.
Starting from 25th min there is a demo ("Running Exchange on Vmware") on how to restore a single e-mail, please check it out.
harsh.shah
Veeam ProPartner

Post by harsh.shah »

Hi Ihave seen the demo and found it not helpful..................
RE: [ID#5148149] Virtual Lab error
mteamjpy
Enthusiast

Post by mteamjpy »

Harsh what you said seems quite strange to me i think the support very effective
even i haven't buyed the support yet

Most of the time the problem come with your sure backup job does he mount correctly ?
could you ping your dc and can be identified does the GC included into your lab?

I think all the question has been asked to you by e-mail but they are really essential for us to helping you
harsh.shah
Veeam ProPartner

Post by harsh.shah »

The DC is the GC.

Our Exchange 2010 is using DAGs.

I am sure there support is good, but compared to other vendors such as backup exec at least they call you and webex and resolve the issue. Where as in Veeam's case its always via email and this keeps going on and on.

To be honest they know their product, it would be better if they would webex straight away and resolve it then.
smartsys
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Jeroen Leeflang

Post by smartsys »

Is is possible to restore with Exchange.

I succesfully managed to restore email in a user/resource domain exchange 2010 enviroment, thus with users account residing in domain A and Exchange 2010 residing in domain B and all users have linked mailboxes. It was a pain in the ass to find out what dc to connect to and what account to use for backup and restore, but it works now!
harsh.shah
Veeam ProPartner

Post by harsh.shah »

After a lot of complaining finally got this resolved and working now.