Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Robvil
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Robert

Modern authentication restore reirect URL - How to?

Post by Robvil »

Hi,

Trying to restore to O365 using modern authentication. I can proceed throught the login process, but ends up with:

AADSTS500113: No reply address is registered for the application.

This means the APP is missing a redirect URL configuration (under authentication -> Add a platform). But whatever i try, i get different errors.
How do i configure the redirect URL correct i AAD?

/Robert
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Modern authentication restore reirect URL - How to?

Post by Polina »

Hi Robert,

The configuration steps are covered by Microsoft here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... gistration

When creating apps automatically, VBO adds the http://localhost/ as a redirect URI, but you can choose to configure the 'nativeclient'. Technically, there will be no difference, either of those should do the job.

Thanks!
Robvil
Expert

Post by Robvil » 1 person likes this post

Thank you - that worked.

Client type (Treat application as a public client) has to be set to YES.
JWBP1102020
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: James Welburn

Post by JWBP1102020 »

Hey, sorry to ressurect, but i'm having the same error. Is that public setting all you had to change? I have done this but it still gives the same error. Does it take a while to apply?
Robvil
Expert

Post by Robvil »

What i did was to run the "add organization" once more, the same organisation without removing the existing one, and chosed "register a new Azure application automatically".
I called the "new" Azure APP TEST, which it created, and then ended up with the error "the organisation cannot be created, it already exists".

I then verifed the settings on the new TEST veeam app and saw Client type (Treat application as a public client) was set to yes So i set the Azure APP, i had manually created to the sa,e value, deleted the TEST app Veeam created and then it worked. The APP access rights was the same, so i guess something else was created/set duting Veeams auto setup wizard, i did not create.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

While it's not possible to add the same organization twice, you can add an existing one and change what's needed, i.e. auth method and the app to be used.

The key things to configure for an application (besides permissions):
1) In the App registrations -> Authentication -> Advanced, set the 'Treat application as a public client' to 'Yes'
2) In the App registrations -> Authentication -> Mobile and desktop applications -> set a redirect URI to either the http://localhost/ the 'nativeclient'.

Usually these changes are applied instantly, but sometimes things happen with O365 :)